I'm going to change gears with this post. I was reading an article online and it hit me, what does follow your bliss mean? Am I following my bliss? What about you? Is it even possible to do such a thing?
I started to think about this, what is my bliss?…lol
I mean come on, it shouldn't be that complicated…at least I don't think it should…;)
So, what is bliss?
Here are ideas of what bliss is NOT. These conclusions come from my ideas along with friends and online mentors.
1. Bliss is not just joy or having a great day.
2. Bliss is not taking a break and doing nothing. That is a vacation or a mental day.
3. Bliss is not deciding to be selfish and doing only what is good for you and not worrying about family and friends or obligations.
4. Bliss is not the easy path, you don't wake up one morning and say ooo " I'm going to follow my bliss today". It's much more difficult then that….
5. Bliss is not without worry and pain, you will have to continue with your life. We all know the saying "Life happens."
So that leaves us with "What is bliss"?
My words…bliss is doing what is in your soul, fulfilling what your god given talents are. Now, following what's deep down inside takes courage and lots of action. You don't get to follow your bliss by accident.You must look down inside and see that deep seeded desire that you have? What is the essense of who you are? What did you desire as a kid that didn't get fulfilled, something you never got over? When you answer these questions then maybe you can follow your bliss.
Take actions on it, move! Create opportunities to fill the the desire you have.
How does following your bliss pertain to music?
Musicians, artists, lyricists, singers or any creative type have a deep desire to say something. They would rather cut off a hand then not continue with the journey.
When you find yourself looking for ways to make things happen with music and you'll go to extreme lengths to get where you want to be. You just may be following your bliss.
When your thoughts are followed by actionable deeds, then you will be following your bliss. Walking out the door scared to death but knowing that you're gonna do what you need to do even scared, means you are following your bliss.
My true wish and hope is that everyone who follows this site receives that wisdom for the themselves, to follow their bliss.
Sign up for Newsletter